Sunday, September 5, 2010

The second it turns cooler, I cook my Tortilla Soup


Its my absolute favorite of all the soups I make. Here is the recipe in case you would like to try it....

Tortilla Soup

3 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 onion, chopped
4 oz chopped green chilies
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can peeled tomatoes
8 oz tomato sauce

Simmer on low for an hour. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, sour cream and bacon bits. I have never used bacon bits but need to try it sometime.

This is just the best soup ever!!!

2 comments:

Cora said...

Very pretty presentation. I bake a few pieces of frozen boneless chicken in the stewed Mexican tomatoes all the time. I had some today with some added fresh salsa. Sometimes I cook zuchini in the stewed tomatoes after the chicken is done. The tortilla chips you use for your soup sound yummy

Cindi said...

oh my..that looks so delicious!!
:)