Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas Eve!!!


Each year on Christmas Eve, the kids and I bake Christmas cookies. This year I decided to try to make homemade Snickerdoodles and wow, are they delicious!!! I will share my recipe with you that I got out of the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook:

Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour and chill for an hour, covered.

Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 oven for 10-11 minutes or until edges are golden. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.

No comments: